2007-2008 Rural Community Grant Recipients
Cooperative Educational Service Agency #11
Polk County Healthwatch Oral Health Initiative
- Implementation grant to provide oral health care and education to low income residents and children in a four county region.
Flambeau Hospital-Project LIM
Lifestyle Interventions Matter
- Planning grant to develop and pilot a program aimed at changing lifestyles to reduce the risk factors for pre-diabetes and the incidence of Type II diabetes.
Langlade Memorial Hospital
Community Partners for Medication Safety
- Implementation grant to decrease the incidence of adverse medication reactions through education and by implementing a Red Bag program that tracks medications in the home.
Merrill Area Healthy Lifestyle Network
Fall Prevention Intervention
- Planning grant to develop and pilot a program to increase functional mobility in the senior population through comprehensive education, including fitness and balance training.
Moundview Memorial Hospital
Adams County Community Coalition for Dental Health
- Planning grant to develop and pilot a program that improves oral health care for at-risk expectant and new mothers.
Tomah Memorial Hospital
Palliative Care Services for Monroe and Juneau Counties
- Implementation grant to improve health care for patients with life limiting conditions and their families by providing services that will relieve suffering and improve quality of life.
Tri-County Memorial Hospital
West Central Wisconsin Rural Medical Interpreter Network
- Implementation grant to create a pool of certified medical interpreters, serving a four county region, to assist people with limited English proficiency access medical care.
Upland Hills Hospital
Iowa County AutoPulse Project
- Implementation grant to purchase units and provide training to 150 EMS staff that will increase the likelihood of patients surviving sudden cardiac arrest.