The Wisconsin Office of Rural Health has detailed information on general dentist positions in towns and cities of all sizes located throughout Wisconsin. We have recently added a Dentist Placement Program to our successful Physician Placement Program. Located at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of healthcare to the people of Wisconsin. Many of these positions qualify for the Health Professions Loan Assistance Program (HPLAP).
Health care professionals in Wisconsin can apply for up to $50,000 in educational loan assistance through the Health Professions Loan Assistance Program. Established in 1990 by the Wisconsin Department of Commerce, in cooperation with the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health, the loan assistance program has given awards to over 125 medical professionals practicing in Wisconsin’s federally-designated Health Professional Shortage Areas. In 2002, the Health Professions Loan Assistance Program was added to offer awards to dentists and dental hygienists. These applicants must practice in Dental Health Professional Shortage Areas.
- Up to date clinics with high tech operatories
- Quality staff with an exceptional work ethic
- Top rated schools - Wisconsin students lead the national ACT exam annually
- Attractive housing markets
- 15,000 lakes and rivers for all outdoor pursuits
- Sailing, kayaking, canoeing
- Skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, snowboarding
- Biking, camping, rock climbing
- Door County Peninsula, a top 10 vacation destination in North America
- Lake Superior, the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
- Spring Green, Shakespearean theatre under the stars
- UW Madison, a world class university