EMS Operations Management & Leadership Courses 2024
January 3, 2024 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm CST$45
Registration is now open for 2024 EMS Operations Management & Leadership Courses, sponsored by the Office of Rural Health. Over the past five years more than 400 participants from over 300 Services have completed this popular course and we have received requests from around the State to host more sessions. We are offering this course virtually, via Zoom.
The four 2024 courses will meet according to the schedule below, 6:30 pm – 8:45 pm; six sessions = 13.5 hours total. Participants who complete a course will receive 12 CEUs.
Course #1 January 3, 10, 17, 29, 31 February 7
Course #2 March 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20
Course #3 April 3, 10, 24 May 1, 8, 15
Course #4 August 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21
This virtual Leadership course will dive into the management of Operational and Administrative duties and tasks. Sessions will include:
- Review of Key Attributes of a successful EMS agency
- Identifying Positive & Negative Characteristics of a Leader/Manager
- Creating meaningful policies and procedures
- Developing and managing an annual budget
- Creating a useful QA/QI process, and assuring involvement of the Medical Director
- Discussion of Recruitment & Retention tools, Human Resources, and Just Culture principles
- Navigating State administrative rules & regulations, statues, and programs
- Demonstration of the various components of the State e-Licensing system
- Understanding compliance requirements in EMS related to the State EMS Office, CMS/Medicare, HIPPA, and other entities
- Current Grants and other funding sources
Who Should Attend?
The course is intended for those currently in EMS management positions, as well as those aspiring to management positions. Those interested in guidance or clarification on issues, and those interested in becoming a supervisor, manager, or leader in their agency will benefit.
Your instructor is Dana Sechler, former Wisconsin State EMS Office Paramedic/ALS program Coordinator, former Chief and EMS Service Director; partner at Strategic Management & Consulting, LLC.
The registration fee for the course is $45. Participants will receive a link to the Zoom meeting before each session. This link will take you to the course registration. Note: These courses duplicate some of the material from previous courses, it is not a new or additional course, although you are welcome to register and take it again.
Contact Kevin Jacobson, email@example.com