Provider Placement for Wisconsin is the statewide physician recruitment program of the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health. Founded in 1979 as the New Physicians for Wisconsin Program, we maintain the single largest listing of positions in Wisconsin for physicians in virtually every medical specialty. Since the program’s inception, we have assisted over 550 physicians in finding satisfying and rewarding positions in at least 130 Wisconsin communities. Since we are non-profit and part of the University’s School of Medicine and Public Health, our only goal is to help find the best match for both the physician and for the clinic, hospital and community.
Let the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health assist with your physician recruitment needs. Our recruitment agreements for both primary care and specialty care are on an annual basis. Click here to view the recruitment agreement documents.
- Provide detailed information on positions and communities to compare opportunities
- Share knowledge of the historical and current medical/political environment in Wisconsin communities
- Assist in spousal employment searches as well as other particular resource needs
- Assist in the development of curriculum vitae; facilitate site visit arrangements; advise the physician regarding the recruitment process
- Allow the physician to evaluate many opportunities through a single source
- Save the physician time and effort in the search
- Source appropriate physician candidates and match them with the needs of each community
- Promote practice opportunities and communities to physicians
- Provide pertinent personal background information on interested physician candidates
- Facilitate site visit arrangements
- Advise communities on the process and techniques of recruitment
- Share knowledge of issues, trends, and available resources in the recruitment marketplace
- Assist in the development of promotional materials