All hospitals, regardless of size and organizational structure, benefit from analyzing financial and operational performance. The Wisconsin Flex Program identifies financial and operational strengths and challenges in CAHs to implement activities designed to increase profitability.
Performance Improvement Resources and Links
- American Hospital Association – Performance improvement policy briefings, reports, and resources.
- County Health Rankings (CHR) – Measures vital health factors and outcomes in every state on a county-by-county level, and provides a useful way to explore the size and nature of health disparities in Wisconsin. It also emphasizes how state and community leaders can take action to create healthier communities.
- Flex Monitoring Team – Performance improvement data, research and policy briefings related to Critical Access Hospitals.
- National Rural Health Resource Center – Resources, tools, and webinars focusing on rural hospital and Critical Access Hospital performance improvement.
- Financial Data Reports on Wisconsin’s Critical Access Hospitals
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) (formerly the Rural Assistance Center, or RAC) – A rural and social services online library that focuses on funding opportunities, tools, resources, studied and other publications, events, and news.
- Wipfli LLP – Educational events for CAHs.
Billing and Coding Regulations:
- Medicare Billing Information for Rural Providers and Suppliers
- ICD 10 Regulations and Information – Rules, regulations, and the latest news on ICD-10.