The State Offices of Rural Health’s meeting place for discussion,
brainstorming, and sharing of all things related to rural health data.
The Data Summit is designed for two audiences: primarily the State Office of Rural Health (SORH) data analysts and managers who understand and use rural health data regularly. Secondarily, SORH program managers and directors who make strategic decisions on the use of data and who are willing to go deep on these topics. This is not an introduction to using data but a place for data users to share ideas with each other and help step up our game.
Our agenda is intended to be participatory as a group, learning from each other as peers. If you have questions about the Data Summit, contact John via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historically, the Data Summits are held in person, and over 2-3 days. With that time investment, they normally include:
- Technique Demos. Please email your requests (and volunteer to demo one!) to Penny.
- Show and Tell. Presentations by participants of their favorite projects from the year. Lots to learn from each other in the “how did you do that” discussion afterward!
- Resources for Inspiration and Information. Where we turn for good ideas and our go-to websites and blogs.
- Ask the Group. Bring the questions you’ve had trouble answering in your own work and take advantage of 35 informed opinions.
- Rural Health Data Trends. Discuss how funders’ requests for data and SORH use of data have changed since last year and what to expect ahead. Discuss how to promote best practices and move the industry forward.
Past Events Materials
Rural Health Data Summit 2019
September 10-12, 2019 Madison, Wisconsin
Rural Health Data Summit 2018
July 31-Aug 2, 2018, Santa Fe, New Mexico
August 22-23, 2017, Estes Park, Colorado
August 10-11, 2016, Santa Fe, New Mexico
July 23-24, 2015, Santa Fe, New Mexico